Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE: APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, is seeking an experienced PhD Formulation Chemist for its Tempe, AZ facility.
This role resides in the Technology Group within the Planarization Platform in the Air Products Electronics Division. The PhD Formulation Chemist is accountable for supporting new CMP slurry formulation development and for providing chemical component expertise for the Technology Group.
- Develop new slurry formulations to meet customer and/or technology node requirements.
- Provide chemical component selection expertise and develop a component “toolbox” to support formulation product development.
- Develop fundamental understanding of chemical component surface interactions with film surfaces under static and dynamic conditions.
- Conduct literature searches relating to specific CMP formulation technology and apply learning to in-house formulation development.
- Effectively communicate and document progress in periodic reports (Monthly’s, etc.), internal peer and management presentations, and customer and other external presentations.
- Effectively solicit and leverage team members within the organization to accomplish product development goals.
- Potentially attend or participate in technical conferences.
- Conduct safe work practices.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- PhD in Chemistry or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 10 years of post graduate formulation chemistry experience.
- Experience in Chemical Mechanical Planarization formulation chemistry is desired.
- Candidate should be proficient in typical computer software applications (MS Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook, etc.)
- Reliable, dynamic, self motivated individual, with an ability and desire to work in a fast faced chemical and semiconductor R&D environment.
Air Products (NYSE: APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70 years, the company has enabled customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable. More than 20,000 employees in over 50 countries supply innovative solutions to the energy, environment and emerging markets. These include semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, coal gasification, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. In fiscal 2012, Air Products had sales approaching $10 billion. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, and retirement plans.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #12613BR.
If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
Air Products - 12 months ago
Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70...