PhD Organic Chemist for Cellulose Esters Process Chemistry Group
- Conduct literature searches and laboratory experiments at the bench
- Analyze results, solve complex problems, and document conclusions
- Invent, improve, trouble-shoot and debottleneck processes
- Participate in development team effort from inception to commercialization
- Work effectively with other chemists and chemical engineers
- Exhibit a high level of initiative
- Apply statistical tools effectively (six sigma, design of experiments)
- Direct work of technicians
The ideal candidate must have:
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer.
- A PhD in Organic Chemistry
- 0-5 years of experience in chemical industry
- Experience in preparation of organic compounds
- Experience in designing, evaluating, and interpreting complex reaction systems
- Demonstrated creativity and a desire to solve challenging and complex problems
- Strong project management and team leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to work in a team environment
Eastman Chemical Company is an E-Verify employer.
Doctorate Degree (over 19 years)
Eastman Chemical Company (Eastman) is a global chemical company, which manufactures and sells a portfolio of chemicals, plastics, and...