Agilex has an immediate opportunity for a Java Project Lead professional with a strong programming background on projects using leading edge extreme programming techniques and executing medium to long-term software development projects. This position will require a Senior Java Developer capable of leading development teams using Agile/Scrum methodologies, development and deployment of web-based applications, process-centric server solutions, and service oriented interfaces. The ideal candidate must have an 'ownership mentality' and a strong 'evangelization attitude'. The person will be responsible for leading projects through the complete agile project life cycle.
- Perform the duties of a Scrum Master on a small development team to manage the development process
- Lead the design and planning of software architecture to support goals of the project
- Develop web-based user interfaces that are deployed to Application Server
- Develop J2EE-based applications that are deployed to Application Server
- Assist development teams in activities such as programming, unit testing, integration testing, load testing, troubleshooting, and performance optimization
- Utilizes a working knowledge of J2EE and Java development to troubleshoot technical issues (error messages, bugs with the software, availability)
- Enforcement of standards and best practices
- Proactively communicates with the development, QA teams and management to anticipate configuration management issues/processes
- Proactively seeks opportunities to implement improvements to internal team processes
- Contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations Agile project lifecycle
2011 National Capital Business Ethics Award Winner (Medium Company Category
- (10) years experience analyzing, designing and implementing solutions using J2EE technologies or related technologies, and a Master's degree in related field or (15) years total experience and a Bachelor's degree in related field
- 8-10 years experience with multiple programming technologies, including Java, XML/XSLT/WSDL, Spring/Hibernate, Web/RESTful Services
- 3-5 years experience in leading a team of 5 or more
- 3-5 years experience with Scrum, Continuous Integration (Jenkins), Logging (Log4J, SLF4J), Automated Testing (JUnit), User Acceptance Testing, Build Management (Ant/Maven), Dependency Management (Ivy/Maven)
- Hands-on experience developing message-oriented integration solutions with Java?
- Key technology experience in areas such as J2EE, XML, Web Services (REST), JDBC, Spring
- Expert in using and managing change management tools, Subversion
- Experience with a wide variety of testing tools and techniques, ex. JUnit
- Thorough understanding of SDLC and Scrum/Agile
- Certified Scrum Master preferred
- JIRA/Greenhopper Scrum/Agile tool experience preferred
- Hadoop environment programming preferred
Agilex Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D.
Agilex - Realize the Value of Information
Agilex - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Agilex has quickly established itself as one of our industry’s most innovative and successful firms. We are known for tackling...