Operations & Maintenance
Interest Sub Category:
Operations & Maintenance
Job Title :
Pharmaceutical Process Equipment Technician
Type of Position:
Basic Minimum Qualifications
1. High school graduate or demonstrated equivalent.
2. 10 years of experience in the operation and maintenance of regulated process areas in a pharmaceutical environment.
3. Trained in cGMP regulations
4. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1. Experience troubleshooting, programming, or working with at least one of the following systems: DeltaV, Foxboro, Allen Bradley, OSI PI, OPC interface.
2. Specific knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing compression practices and hands on experience in the setup, operation, and repair of tablet presses such as Kilian and Korsch.
3. Specific knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing encapsulation practices and hands on experience in the setup, operation, and repair of capsule filler machines such as Macofar and Bonapace.
4. Experience working a GMP environment.
5. Experience in the use of PdM, PM's and other predictive maintenance techniques.
6. Have the ability to read and understand blueprints, P&ID's and technical documents related to Pharma process operations.
7. Experience efficiently using a CMMS to request and direct work flow.
This position may require a valid Driver's License.
This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
All Positions with URS will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client's location.
All Positions with URS may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
• Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
• Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
• Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other URS, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
• Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
• Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movements.
• Move and/or lift light to medium weight materials up to 50 lbs
• Climb or stand on extension ladders, roof ladders, stepladders, and stairs, lifts, or aerial booms, to bend, stoop, squat, or kneel repetitively and to maneuver in low or narrow spaces.
• Work indoors and outdoors during all seasons, walk or stand on hard, soft, flat, irregular surfaces or terrain.
• Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
• Wear PPE personal protective safety equipment (harnesses, respirators, glasses, ear plugs, etc) as required.
• Coping with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
Note: No relocation available.
URS has a 1st shift Pharmaceutical Process Equipment Technician available in Groton, CT!
Responsibilities for this position include but will not be limited to: working under the guidance and direction of the URS Program Manager and our client to utilize education, training, judgment, and skills to provide analysis with resolutions to support pharmaceutical process and facilities automation. Support the maintenance and repair of process equipment in regulated and non-regulated facilities as required at the Groton PGRD Site. Support the training of process equipment operators to enhance performance and reliability primarily in Solid Dose Manufacturing. Interface and collaborate with OEM and other process equipment vendors. Specific equipment responsibilities include but are not limited to: tablet presses, capsule fillers, roller-compactors, sorters, blenders and coaters.
At URS, we specialize, in part, in facilities management and maintenance for industrial, manufacturing, distribution and commercial sites worldwide. When you work for URS, you join 57,000 employees providing world class technical services to our customers. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 3weeks Paid Time Off and 401k plan – and your benefits start the same day you do.
URS Corporation - 16 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...