If you are interested in this job, please apply by using the apply link below the job description. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend by clicking on the Tell a Friend option at the bottom of this page.
Austin, TX-Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
offers best-in-class Clinical, Consulting and Commercial services to global companies seeking to accelerate performance. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, we rapidly transform promising ideas into commercial reality.
inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
inVentiv Recruitment Services
, a division of inVentiv health, offers unparalleled Direct Placement and Project Sales opportunities with our numerous clients for highly qualified and accomplished candidates. Our Team has successfully partnered with over 200 Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device companies to recruit top sales and clinical talent. In just the past 5 years, inVentiv Recruitment Services has placed over 9,000 field-based Sales, Clinical and Management professionals with our Clients.
We are currently engaged in a direct hire/full time search in partnership with Depomed, Inc.
We are seeking a highly motivated, results oriented professional for the role of Specialty Sales Representative to manage a Chillicothe, OH territory.
. is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing products to treat pain and other central nervous system conditions. Since being founded in 1995, they have worked hard to create a specialty pharmaceutical company that provides meaningful healthcare products to patients. The expertise and hard work has led to multiple FDA approvals and product commercialization, for example, of two marketed products, Gralise® (gabapentin) and Glumetza® (metformin HCl), which utilizes their proprietary polymer-based drug delivery technology, known as Acuform®, a product development pipeline having late-stage product opportunities, and the recent addition of Zipsor® (diclofenac) to the line of marketed commercial products.
The primary responsibility of the Sales Specialist will be development and management of a designated territory with the goal of maximizing sales of Depomed products, within the approved indications.
- Utilizes monthly budget to maximize profitability and return on investment. Tracks his/her expenses and completes an expense reports per company policy, submitting this to his/her manager.
- Keeps up-to-date on industry trends, customer and competitor forces and how they will impact both short and long term business results. Thoroughly understands the dynamics within the territory (e.g., impact of managed care, customers, competitors, patient demographics) and draws upon this knowledge to develop a comprehensive territory plan to pull-through initiatives to most effectively impact the business. Reports daily sales activities through Sales Force Automation system.
- Receives weekly, monthly and quarterly sales analysis reports for his/her territory of responsibility. Uses sales analysis reports to consider territory strengths and opportunities for enhanced sales and territory development. Discusses results and next steps/plans to seize territory opportunities with his/her manager. Executes his/her activities in accordance with plans agreed upon.
- Complies with Depomed policies and procedures including, but not limited to: promotion of products, business ethics, sampling practices/guidelines, expense reporting, data management, fleet management, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree (Majors preferred – Sciences, Business, Healthcare Field
- Minimum of 3 years of previous specialty Pharma sales, biotech sales or medical device sales, including strong results-oriented technical sales experience. Experience preferred in the areas of Pain Management, Neurology, Hospitals, Orthopedic audience and key practices, and/or other related fields
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and database applications.
- Ability to travel (may include overnight travel).
- Should reside in territory geography or be willing to relocate.
- Valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record.
- Authorization and ability to drive a Company leased vehicle or authorized rental vehicle.
inVentiv Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to travel via airplane Anility to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position of up to 20 lbs. on occasion
Inventiv Health - 12 months ago
Addison Whitney constructs identities and brands for its clients, with a particular emphasis on product and brand naming. It develops and...