Under the supervision of the Director, the staff pharmacist ensures the prompt and accurate delivery of medications to patients of all ages, employees, and designated areas of the hospital in accordance with the pharmacy laws of the State of Florida and the policy and procedures of the department of Pharmacy. Physician orders and patient medication profiles are reviewed, processed, and checked. Drug information is provided to health care professionals and patients to assist in providing an explanation of drug therapy.
1. Reviews and interprets physician medication orders ensuring appropriate therapy.
2. Ensures that the compounding and dispensing of all medications is accurate and timely.
3. Always adheres to the distribution policies of the department.
4. Consistently demonstrates an ability to keep up with patient workload.
5. Demonstrates a complete understanding of all policies and procedures concerning the responsibilities of a pharmacist.
6. Promotes positive Customer service with internal and external customers.
7. Responsible for implementing and participating in the departmental QA program.
8. Assists in the development and maintenance of the Drug Formulary, assists with pharmacokinetics, and DUE data collection.
9. As a member of the pharmacy staff, participates in all dispensing functions of the department as scheduled. Assists other members of the staff in completing nursing unit inspections, crash cart integrity monitoring, inventory management, floor stock distribution, and narcotic distribution and monitoring.
10. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
11. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
12. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
13. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
14. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
15. Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
16. Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Current License to practice Pharmacy in the State of Florida
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- One year experience as a hospital pharmacist is preferred
- Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
HCA Inc - 23 months ago
Capital Regional Medical Center is a 242-bed acute care hospital in the beautiful Tallahassee and is a fully-accredited healthcare facility...