Following physicians' orders, the Pharmacist compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceuticals. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
- Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and dispenses accordingly.
- Consults with physicians and nursing staff regarding patient reactions, errors and complaints.
- Determines and consults on possible drug interactions.
- Assists in the supervision and training of pharmacy technician personnel.
- Participates in Drug Utilization Review.
- Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory and ordering of pharmaceuticals.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of a college of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmacy Education.
- BS or Pharm.D degree.
- State licensure as a Pharmacist.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
HCA Inc - 2 years ago
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview...