The PrimeMail summer internship program offers a comprehensive, full-time, eight week experience in a full-service, state-of-the-art, prescription mail-service facility. As an intern you will learn about the legal and regulatory aspects of pharmacy mail operations as well as the workflow of the pharmacy and how we connect with members to meet their medication needs.
· Complete rotations in various departments at PrimeMail including: Mail Operations, Pharmacy Resource Center, Inventory Management, Inventory Drug Maintenance, Logistics, and Fulfillment/Shipping
· Complete work on a pre-determined project which contributes directly to company performance, quality, safety and service and give a short project presentation to PrimeMail management at the conclusion of the internship
· Assist registered pharmacists with member counseling, transferring prescriptions, auditing DCAL (doctor call) resolution and obtaining prescription requests from members
· Place DAW (dispense as written) and RTMB (return to member) calls
· Conduct record review, prescription entry, and prescription fulfillment
· Work with leadership staff to learn reports used to monitor workflow, systems, and process to enhance understanding of workflow management and scheduling in the pharmacy
· Other duties as assigned
· 8 week internship (June 3, 2013 – July 26, 2013)
· Monday – Friday working 40 hours per week
· Competitive Pay
· Currently in pursuit of PharmD with an anticipated graduation date between May of 2014 and June of 2017
· Valid intern card from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
· Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
· Prior experience with a Pharmacy Management System
· Strong mathematical skills
· Prior experience in a retail and/or mail order pharmacy setting
· Well developed oral and written communication skills
· Excellent problem solving skills and critical thinking skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneous
Prime's fast-paced and dynamic work environment is ideal for proactively addressing the constant changes in the health care industry. Our employees are involved, empowered, and rewarded for their achievements. We value new ideas and work collaboratively to provide the highest quality of care and service to our members.
If you are looking to advance your career within a growing and team-oriented company, apply to Prime today and start making a difference.
We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Prime Therapeutics - 14 months ago
Managing the rising costs of prescription drugs is prime for Prime Therapeutics. The company, a pharmacy benefits manager (PBM), is owned by...