Bachelor Of Science (Or Equivalent)
Pharmacist - licensure and registration to practice in NYS
The Pharmacist main responsibilities are to ensure the safe and appropriate use of drugs, optimize the pharmaceutical care of the patient, and to provide authoritative drug information to other healthcare professionals and patients. The Pharmacist also coordinates the timely manufacture and dispensing of pharmaceuticals.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy.
Hospital Pharmacy or IV Therapy experience preferred.
- Communication and language skills to read analyze and interpret medication orders and information, the ability to respond appropriately to emergent situation, staff, physicians, and patient inquiries or complaints and the ability to effectively communicate important information to management peers and other health professionals.
- Ability to perform complex Pharmaceutical calculations and an understanding of statistical concepts such as frequency, distribution, standard deviation and variances.
- The pharmacist needs the ability to solve clinical problems related to pharmaceutical care and drug therapy.
- Knowledge of current pharmacy principles and practices.
- Knowledge of computer order entry.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws governing pharmacy practices.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and standards.
- Ability to work independently within established policies and procedures.
- Ability to accomplish established program goals and objectives.
- Ability to exercise judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
Current, active license to practice pharmacy New York State ; or eligible to reciprocate licensure from another state.
Pharmacy Registration in New York State
Glens Falls Hospital - 21 months ago