The Pharmacist works under the direction of the Pharmacy Director to compound and dispense drugs according to prescriptions issued by medical and dental providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
- Reviews prescriptions issued by Physician or other authorized prescriber to assure accuracy and determine formulas and ingredients needed.
- Compounds medications, using standard formulas and processes such as weighing, measuring and mixing ingredients.
- Directs pharmacy workers engaged in mixing, packaging and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Counsels patients and/or medical practitioners on drug indications or contraindications, dosage and administration, drug interactions, and side effects; provides other drug and pharmaceutical information as appropriate.
- Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- Enters data such as patient name, prescribed medication and cost to maintain pharmacy files, charge system and inventory.
- Assays medications to determine identity, purity and strength.
- Instructs interns and other medical personnel on matters pertaining to pharmacy.
- Develops and implements systems to maintain records on equipment inventories, and compliance activities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, core values and goals of HealthPoint and its healthcare delivery including the ability to integrate values of justice, respect, compassion, excellence and stewardship into appropriate programs and services.
Licenses or Certificates
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in Pharmacy. and
- One year of directly related experience.
- State ofWashington Pharmacylicense.