Provides pharmaceutical care and distribution of medications and drug information to inpatients, outpatients, and medical and hospital personnel in accordance to current hospital policies and in compliance with Federal and State regulations governing the practice of pharmacy.
Provides assistance in carrying out routine daily department functions with respect to drug utilization, personnel, stock purchasing, active clinical programs, and distribution of drug information.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy from an accredited school of pharmacy
- State of Michigan licensure as a registered pharmacist and controlled substance licensee (or eligible)
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Understand organizational behavior in both theory and practice
To further our mission of enhancing the health status of the individuals and communities we serve, effective November 9, 2012, McLaren Macomb will no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form. Cotinine testing will be used to verify non-tobacco use. Individuals whose health screening results are verified positive for tobacco/nicotine use will be disqualified from employment, their job offer will be rescinded, and they will be disqualified from reapplying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the health screening.
- One year of prior work experience as a Pharmacist
- Pharm D or Masters degree and/or residency in a hospital setting
- Knowledgeable with regards to the use of computer hardware and software, needles, syringes, packaging tools and methods, hoods, balances, and other pharmaceutical equipment
McLaren Health Care - 5 months ago