This position is responsible for ensuring that medication is dispensed to MPS patient population at the nursing home accurately and in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and company policies. Pharmacists monitor workflow and ensure technicians are working in the correct areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Check prescription orders from nursing home, review narcotic reconciliations, dispense, and verify medication in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Review and process electronic prescriptions for accuracy and quality.
- Consult with physicians and/or nursing staff via telephone regarding orders, interactions, and patient reactions to medications.
- Answer questions from Customer Service Representatives and Technicians.
- Orient and mentor new pharmacists and technicians,
- Manage drug inventory and assist with drug file maintenance.
- Assist with quality improvement initiatives.
Decision-Making Responsibility (if applicable)
- Bachelors or Pharm. D degree in Pharmacy is required
- Pharmacy licenses current and in good standing in the state where you are practicing
- May require additional licensing in one or more States to perform the essential duties
- Demonstrated skills working with technology and equipment related to prescription verification and automated fulfillment/packaging systems
- Appropriate computer skills for the position (Microsoft Office Suite) and areas of influence
- Work flow process – incumbents make suggestions on how to improve day-to-day processes.
- Ensure that prescriptions are filled accurately and in accordance with regulations and policies
- Determine when or if to contact a prescribing physician to discuss a concern or question
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed.
- Must have a strong work ethic, with attention to detail and quality.
Millennium Pharmacy Systems - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Millennium Pharmacy Systems (or MPS) has a long-term technology solution for the long-term care industry. Its MPSRx system incorporates...