The primary purpose of this position is to assist customers with their health care needs by filling prescriptions and providing excellent customer service and assisting with supervising Pharmacy associates. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions filled by completing Drug Utilization Review and Final Quality Assurance, applicable to state and federal Board of Pharmacy regulations.
• Build profitable business and script growth through recommended clinical programs including appropriate immunization and when available MTM (Medication Therapy Management), DCS (Diabetes Care Specialist), and all ongoing other programs as identified.
• Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers with medical-related issues and providing healthcare counseling.
• Supervise the work completed by Pharmacy Technicians and support staff while on duty.
• Assist Pharmacy Manager to train, coach, and manage Pharmacy associates.
• Assume management responsibility over the entire pharmacy in the absence of the Pharmacy Manager.
• Maintain appropriate security of the Pharmacy department.
• Comply with all federal and state laws and regulations.
• Handle and resolve customer issues, complaints and questions to build customer trust and loyalty.
• Interact with physicians and utilize reference material to gain information on customers and prescriptions and to resolve any issues that arise.
• Assist with maintaining the Pharmacy department by keeping it clean and in order.
• Prioritize Pharmacy Department tasks and follow through to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner. Including, but not limited, to cycle counts, inventory management and will-calls to customers.
Experience / Requirements:
• Minimum age of 18 to meet education and experience requirements.
• Ability to pass drug test.
• Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
• Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
• Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to work weekends and extended days on a frequent basis.
• Ability to work day, evening, and/or night shift.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
• Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
• Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to adapt to change quickly and frequently.
• Ability to perform different tasks on different days as necessary.
• Ability to respond to interruptions and then return seamlessly to task at hand
• Ability to handle stressful situations while maintaining a sense of calm.
• Ability to multi-task for extended periods of time.
Bachelor's degree (BS), Doctoral degree (PHARM.D.), or equivalent in Pharmacy, and Immunization Certification through an accredited organization (i.e. APhA).
Rite Aid Corporation is also proud to be one of the nation's leading drugstore chains. With approximately 4,600 stores in 31 states and the...