This position is located in Serra Mesa.
10 hour variable shift: including weekends
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or PharmD required
- Completion of a pharmacy residency program preferred
- Requires current/active license as a registered Pharmacist in California without restriction/probation
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a hospital pharmacy is preferred
- Previous hospital oncology/chemotherapy experience desirable
- Requires ability to work in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Requires ability to work with people
- Requires ability to organize work and follow through on responsibilities
- Must be able to manage fluctuating workload and technicians
- Must possess good communication skills
Sharp Memorial Hospital's Pharmacy offers an excellent clinical program which allows for a very "hands on" approach for our Pharmacists. Our program includes Pharmacokinetics, Antibiotic Surveillance, Nutritional Support, Anti-coagulation, Renal Target and Pain Management. We offer certification in all these areas.
Sharp Memorial Hospital is the flagship hospital of the Sharp HealthCare System with extensive and complex medical-surgical patient type. Pharmacy is a 24-hour, seven days a week operation. Decentralized distribution model with PYXIS profile. Extensive pharmacy clinical services including anticoagulation, antibiotic surveillance, nutritional support, pain management, pharmacokinetics and renal dosing. For the past seven years, Sharp has been named by Hospitals and Health Networks as one of the “100 most wired” hospitals in the nation.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 13 months ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...