Location: United States-California-West Sacramento
Job Number: 12007278
Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. through ACS, A Xerox Company, which Xerox acquired in February 2010, Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The 130,000 people of Xerox serve clients in more than 160 countries.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
May perform one or more of the following:
Position Summary: The principal purposes of this position are to: (1) Identify significant opportunities for clinical or financial improvement in the use of drug therapy, (2) Develop and implement the Medi-Cal CDL and other prior authorization criteria in SmartPA, (3) Develop and design new SmartPA prior authorization criteria that improve or maintain the quality of care while reducing the overall cost of care when possible, (4) Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of Medi-Cal’s prior authorization program, (5) Serve as a clinical consultant for Xerox and Medi-Cal, and (6) Clinically support all internal applications.
- Assist in the development and implementation of effective integration for all quality improvement (QI) activities within prior authorization.
- Maintain existing prior authorization criteria with updates related to new drugs, Medi-Cal drug utilization patterns, and evidence-based medicine.
- Evaluate the delivery of services and aid in developing methods for improvement. Participate in evaluating the effectiveness of the intervention in a variety of ways including review of patient profiles and analysis of outcome measures.
- Develop new prior authorization edits for the treatment of targeted disease and/or drug related problems and tailor for specific groups of patients.
- Assist in the development and testing of new and existing SmartPA edits.
- Respond to written and oral clinical inquiries by patients, providers, or clients.
- Serve as a preceptor and role model for PharmD students during their clerkships. Participate in the formal didactic programs of the College of Pharmacy by providing lectures and conferences to PharmD students. Prepare rotation evaluations and performance evaluations for pharmacy clerkship students.
- Provide marketing/sales support as needed. Assist with proposal responses. Review marketing/sales materials for clinical appropriateness
- Design and/or participate in ongoing research studies. Prepare manuscripts/abstracts for publication. Recognize and prepare case studies suitable for presentation and publication.
Must have a CA pharmacist license. Pharm.D. degree is preferred. Completion of a residency or fellowship, and/or board certification is preferred. MBA is beneficial. Experience with DUR/DUE, P&T committees, QI committees is desirable. Experience with intensive use of word processing, spreadsheets and database manager software is important. Extensive experience with communicating (verbally and in writing) with health care providers is beneficial. The position is located in Sacramento, CA.
All other duties as assigned.
ACS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with ACS may request such accommodation(s) by calling 866-419-2226 or by sending an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual/work from home? Yes
- 2 years ago - save job
Why build your career at Xerox?
Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer...