Title Pharmacy Assistant Department Pharmacy
Supervisor Pharmacy Business Manager Assistant
FLSA Status Non-exempt
Purpose of Job
Improve the overall health of the communities we serve by assisting the Pharmacist in providing customer service to patients as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Immediately greets patients, determines their needs and relays appropriate information to Pharmacist/Pharmacy Tech.
- Collects insurance co-pay, if applicable; copies insurance card, medical coupon, etc.
- Operates cash register and reconciles daily receipts within established guidelines as directed.
- Professionally answers telephone calls within established guidelines; takes messages and/or refers callers to appropriate individuals.
- Handles mail, correspondence, copying and filing for all other Pharmacy staff.
- Monitors patient waiting area for cleanliness and security.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as needed.
Experience: Customer service and telephone experience skills preferred.
Education: HS diploma or equivalent required.
Other Skills: Basic computer competency. Ability to learn new software and other office tools. Ability to spell accurately. Able to clearly communicate information to patients and gather information from patients. Must have basic math skills to calculate patient payments.
Front Office staff are required to stand, sit, and be mobile one-third to two-thirds of the time. They are required to use hands to finger, handle or feel over two-thirds of the time; while reaching with hands and arms occurs one-third of the day. Climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling or crouching occurs less than one-third of the time. Communicating by talking / hearing occurs over two-thirds of the day. Amount of time spent lifting or exerting force is about 50% for up to 10 pounds and less than one-third of the time up to 25 – 40 pounds. Rarely is there a need to lift more than 41 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
I have read and understand the above job description.
Employee Signature________________________________________ Date_____________
Community Health Association of Spokane - 15 months ago