As a Pharmacy Assistant, you will work in the pharmacy under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist and assist in pharmacy activities that do not require the professional judgment of the pharmacist. Further, your work areas include but are not limited to filling unit dose, repackaging, billing, maintenance of inventory, filling stock requests.
- Repackages and/or labels nonsterile and sterile products and extemporaneous doses as instructed on the batch record by the pharmacist. Utilizes aseptic technique when handling sterile product preparation.
- Stocks the Robot based on the generated daily inventory report.
- Repackages unit dose for the robotic system.
- Maintains inventory control in all work areas, completes alert and reorder forms when required, fills floorstock requisitions from the patient care areas, processes charges to the appropriate cost centers, receives deliveries from wholesalers and other vendors, checks for expiration dates of medications.
- Prepares and fills unit dose cassettes to be checked and dispensed by a pharmacist.
- Inventories, requisitions, and stocks supplies from central supply. maintains IV solution inventory. fills oncology satellite requisitions, and delivers alcohol.
- Replaces OR trays for specialty areas such as open heart and 11 Uris.
- Refills medications for emergency drug units such as open heart trays and code cart trays.
- Maintains work area by leaving area in a neat and organized manner, cleans work area routinely, follows appropriate disposal procedures.
- Delivers stock to patient care areas.
- Performs duties in the event of an emergency such as sick call coverage, vacant position coverage, workload adjustments, and projects.
- Inventories and prepares controlled drugs for pharmacist dispensing and delivers to the appropriate area when required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates' degree preferred.
- Completion of a technician training program required.
- Certified Technician preferred.
- Two years of technician experience required.
- Sterile product preparation experience required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must be available to work both day and evening shifts
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
North Shore-LIJ Health System
- 24 months ago - save job
One of the nation's largest health systems, North Shore-LIJ delivers world-class clinical care throughout the New York metropolitan area,...