This is an entry level position under the direct supervision of the hourly shift supervisor. Responsibilities include packing prescription orders, sorting prescription orders and scanning prescription orders into designated store delivery totes. Individual may also be called upon to assist with order sorting and replenishment. This position does not require any type of pharmacy certification.
Essential Job Functions:
- The hourly clerk position requires entire shift to be worked standing or walking at a moderate pace.
- The hourly clerk position is manual handling and can be labor intensive when stacking product totes for delivery.
- Individuals are required to follow all policies and procedures developed to ensure patient safety and security.
- Individuals are required to complete on-line HIPPA certification and Fraud, Waste and Abuse training prior to staring on the production floor.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
- Building Strategic Working Relationships - Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes , requirements, or cultures.
- Building Trust - Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Customer Focus - Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Inclusion – Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation for a direct effect on business results.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge, Compliance and Skills – Achieving a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position and/or related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Ensures store compliance with laws and regulation applicable to the company.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Must pass mandatory drug and FBI
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Prior work experience in related field.
- Possess capabilities to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Potential Career Path from this position:
- Non-dispensing technician
- Dispensing technician(Requires Kroger or National Technician Certification)
- Hourly Supervisor
Kroger - 17 months ago