Pharmacy Benefits Consultant-MIN000DM
Mercer is the global leader for trusted Human Resources and related financial advice, products and services. In our work with clients, we make a positive impact on the world every day. We do this by enhancing the financial and retirement security, health, productivity and employment relationships of the global workforce. Mercer has more than 19,000 employees serving clients in over 180 cities and 40 countries and territories worldwide. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the hundreds of job opportunities available through Mercer. Our core strengths in consulting, outsourcing and investments place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. Mercer is an operating unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a leading global professional services firm with roots dating back to 1871. We employ over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries with annual revenue exceeding $11 billion. Marsh & McLennan Companies is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including: Marsh, our insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, our risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, our provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, our management consultancy.
The Health & Benefits (H&B) Consultant - Pharmacy will act as the lead consultant on some client accounts and/or support the lead consultant in managing client pharmacy engagements for employers with more than 5,000 employees. The consultant interacts with clients and develops relationships, is involved in developing strategies to meet clients' pharmacy needs, and takes on the role of a trusted advisor. The consultant will also manage projects and lead teams in researching, analyzing, and evaluating pharmacy benefits plans and programs. To fulfill this role, the H&B Consultant will:
- Demonstrate project management and consulting skills such as: participate or lead the consulting team in developing the overall strategy to address the client's needs; manage the scope, quality, timeliness and budget of multiple client deliverables; develop budgets and billing reports; facilitate and participate in or lead client calls and meetings; delegate to and review project work of more junior colleagues which includes review of financial, contract, and administrative analysis; provide direction to analysts and other team members in the preparation and delivery of clear and concise client presentations
- Provide high level financial, contract and/or administrative analysis and review of the work of junior staff. Provide guidance and training to junior staff on this analysis.
- Perform data analysis (example includes but is not limited to review claims and utilization data and look for trends and patterns); may involve use of the Mercer's internal financial tools to develop self funded claims projections, set rates and model employee cost-sharing scenarios
- Review internal compliance and client disclosure requirements, external vendor contracts, summary plan documents (SPD's) and employee communications to ensure alignment with client expectations and legal requirements
- Manage ad-hoc client requests including problem-solving on administrative and operations issues
- Act as a subject matter expert in pharmacy benefits, services, technical tools, and vendor/carrier markets. Includes developing relationships with vendors in order to understand and compare products and services being offered and recommend solutions to clients. Understand advanced underwriting and financial techniques and intranet resources such as H&B MercerLink by participating in training courses, online learning, or through learning from more experienced colleagues
- Remaining current on health policy environment. Considers the implication of policy, law, and political changes on clients and client programs. Stay current on all pharmacy trends affecting government and commercial clients.
- Develop and maintain personal and working relationships with key client stakeholders to transition into the role of a trusted advisor and facilitate the sharing of advice and information relevant to the client, developing new and expanded business, and gain client referrals.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
- BA/BS preferred
- Licensed Pharmacist required. PharmD preferred.
- Completion of continuing education to maintain credentials as required.
- At least 3-5 years of related experience (e.g. consultant, PBM or managed care account executive or clinical program manager
- Strong healthcare and pharmacy program knowledge
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to partner and lead teams to deliver project objectives; ability to work independently and on a team
Primary Location: US-MN-Minneapolis
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Mercer - 16 months ago