The Assisted Living Pharmacy Case Manager is a guide and advocate for Assisted Living Residents and families to attain the maximum benefit from their Medicare prescription drug plan. The Pharmacy Case Manager will assist residents with issues regarding prescription drug costs, quality, and availability. The Assisted Living Case Manager reports to the Clinical Intervention Center Senior Director.
Education and Experience:
- Partners with Assisted Living residents and guarantors to determine how to best maximize their prescription benefits and minimize out of pocket expenses.
- Answers inquiries from assigned Assisted Living residents or guarantors related to drug costs, billing, availability, service and quality. Partners with appropriate internal partners to resolve concerns or inquiries.
- Serves as an advocate for resident or guarantor concerns. Involves appropriate internal partners to provide resolution and/or support.
- Dispositions inquiries to ensure appropriate follow-up. Tracks trends and areas of opportunity.
- Assists with the design and implementation of processes and guidelines of the Assisted Living Pharmacy Case Manager program.
- Periodically visits Assisted Living Facilities and residents to facilitate relationship management, outreach, and business development.
• Bachelor degree in social work or related field.
• Gerontology certification or equivalent experience.
• At least three years practicing in a healthcare environment serving in a case manager, patient advocate capacity.
• Demonstrated experience working with residents/patients to provide collaborative and empathetic solutions.
• Knowledge of a healthcare billing and payer processes.
• Exceptional customer service. Demonstrated problem-solving ability and the ability to create innovative solutions.
• Healthcare professional licensure preferred
• Licensed Social Worker (LSW) certification preferred
• Prior experience in a gerontology and/ or Assisted Living environment. Gerontology certificate preferred.
• Past experience in case management or clinical discharge; prior experience utilizing customer relationship management software (eg: salesforce.com or Siebel CRM)
• Desire to build and grow internal processes and supporting infrastructure.
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...