Under the general supervision of the Pharmacist in Charge and direct supervision of the Certified Technician and Staff Pharmacists, intakes, logs-in, and routes written prescriptions and refill requests for processing at the ambulatory outpatient pharmacy and distributes processed requests (medications). Verifies patient information in the computer system and collects pharmacy co-pays according to determined financial classification eligibility.
1. Adhere to JPS Standard of Behaviors.
2. Adhere to JPS Code of Conduct, Compliance and HIPAA policies/procedures.
3. Adhere to JPS policies/procedure.
4. *Reviews patient information and prescription refill availability information in the computer system for patients of all age groups.
5. *Provides outstanding customer service by assisting patients with prescription/refill requests directly and via the telephone.
6. *Intakes new written prescriptions and refill requests and routes them to the Central Fill pharmacy for processing, if necessary.
7. *Receives processed prescription from Central Fill and them to designated will call area.
8. *Removes returned to stock prescriptions from will call and processes accordingly on a daily basis.
9. *Assists in problem solving of issues and concerns relating to the pharmacy.
10. Maintains a clean, orderly, safe, and professional environment.
11. Reports and/or documents incidents and activities as required by the department.
12. Performs other duties assigned that are consistent with skills and goals of the Network, and Outpatient Pharmacy operations.
13. *Collects pharmacy co-pays according to determined financial classification eligibility.
14. *Performs cashier functions and daily cashier reports.
15. Maintains supplies and forms necessary to perform duties.
16. Assists training new employees with a positive and helpful manner.
17. *Tracks prescription orders via pharmacy tracking program to ensure correct delivery information given to patients.
Qualifications:Required Education & Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Customer service skills required.
Basic computer skills and knowledge required.
Preferred Education & Experience:
Some college preferred.
Minimum of six months previous Pharmacy or clerical experience preferred.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
Knowledge of third party coverage preferred.
JPS Health Network - 22 months ago
Residents of Cowtown don't suffer from gunshot wounds as much as they did back in the day; however, if they're searching for...