Why are health professionals choosing MHC Healthcare?
MHC Healthcare is building a world class primary health care system that is committed to caring for special populations, and that is focused on improving health outcomes for our patients as well as building healthy communities. Our mission has the tendency to attract talented individuals who are compassionate, driven, and dedicated to contributing to our organization, the community, and towards their professional development. Join our team!
MHC Healthcare is currently hiring a Pharmacy Clerk to support pharmacy services by assisting patients with pharmacy clerical/receptionist and cashier duties necessary in the pharmacy department.
Location: Marana Main Clinic
Schedule: M-F 9am-5:30 pm
- Answer phones in the Pharmacy area; take appropriate messages, direct callers to appropriate departments/employees. Perform general clerical duties such as filing, and typing. Perform assigned pharmacy cashier duties; ensuring appropriate payment is made, verifying patients and their date of birth, completing cash reports and following all guidelines and policies related to cashier duties. Assist with return to stock and archiving prescription. Performs other duties as assigned by Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacy Technician Supervisor.
- Assist all patients and staff members with prescription pick up. Refer all patients to consultation window, provide patients with a high level of customer service, and accuracy. Contacting other Pharmacies to clarify any questions relating to the pick-up of prescriptions.
Provide patients with Pharmacy contact information if questions develop. Offer free home delivery and mail-order assistants to all patients.
- Greet and assist all patients at the front pharmacy window. Assist patients who are unable to afford medication by referring to Pharmacist or Patient advocates.
- Provide daily reports of cashier logs and activities to Pharmacy Administration and accounting.
- Provided a high level of Customer Service skills to all patients and staff members, to ensure all MHC patients are satisfied and continue to use our services.
- Complies with all facility policies and procedures including but not limited to those addressing HIPAA and Compliance.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must have reliable transportation, State required automotive insurance, and a current, valid Arizona Driver's License to travel to and from clinics and/or other locations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- One year experience in a health care office or related customer service job preferred
- One year experience with computers and data entry/retrieval preferred
- One year retail cashiering experience preferred
As an employee of MHC Healthcare, we share in a very strong mission: Dedication to providing Service Excellence in Promoting Health and Well Being. To support this mission in our community, MHC Healthcare believes it must start at home. Therefore, employees have many opportunities to care for our health and wellness with benefits such as:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short-term disability and other benefits
- Paid time off (including holidays/vacation)
- Paid bereavement and jury duty
- Employee Uniform
- Employee discount for medical services
Marana Health Center - 14 months ago