It's the new age of independence. And it's changing the way we live. BE PART OF IT.
is dedicated to helping people live and age with independence. By providing a single place to find and manage resources which support independent living,
makes it easier to access care and to age safely at home.
This is your opportunity to join an innovative company with a culture that promotes compassion, trust and accountability.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
Responsible for pharmacy care coordination with ongoing infusion/specialty pharmacy patients. Under the direction of a pharmacist, processes prescriptions.
1. Routinely contacts patients on service to coordinate ongoing care.
o Calls patients to discuss the status of the current prescribed therapy, supply needs, and physician appointments
o Contacts physician offices/clinics to verify appointment schedules
o Requests any missing information in the patient record
o Schedules deliveries
o Documents contacts in the patient record
2. Receives and responds to ongoing patient inquiries and calls. Documents the inquiries and calls in the patient record.
3. Monitors receipt of patient information needed to manage patient care such as laboratory results and signed prescriber orders.
4. Consults pharmacists, as appropriate, to address patient care inquiries or issues.
5. Under the direction of a pharmacist, create new/change orders, processes prescription refills for ongoing patients
o Determines appropriate dispensed quantity
o Pulls inventory with appropriate lot numbers onto the compounding record
o Prints labels and compounding records
o Submit electronic NCPDP claims as appropriate
6. Initiates and completes delivery tickets.
7. Discharge patients from service in the computer system
8. Assists the pharmacists when requested in all duties and functions according to standard practice of the profession, State Board of Pharmacy laws and regulations, accreditation standards, and state and federal laws.
9. Completes, maintains, and submits accurate and relevant technical documentation required for the appropriate dispensing of infusion/specialty/enteral therapies.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of medication names, dosages, and frequencies.
11. Complies with all company policies.
12. Maintain confidentiality of patient information and company information:
o Respect and protect the confidentiality of all information concerning patient care of services.
o Observe the organizations formal and informal policies for the handling of patient’s rights and confidentiality.
o Observes the organizations confidentiality agreement.
o Follow all procedures as described by The Joint Commission (JCAHO) and the company policies and procedures related to HIPAA
1. Packages medication orders
2. Assists pharmacist in inventory, recording keeping, and ordering
3. Prepares records and monitors results for pharmaceutical quality assurance testing.
4. Provides non-pharmaceutical information to nurses and other individuals exercising care not to exceed limits of authority and policy.
5. Is aware and respectful of patient cultural/religious beliefs and diversity.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. One (1) year training or previous infusion pharmacy experience
2. Knowledge of basic drug terminology, pharmaceutical evaluation, pharmacology and pharmaceutical law.
3. Proficient computer skills.
4. Ability to communicate effectively through written and spoken word.
5. Required to uphold the principles of compliance as outlined in the Code of Conduct, Employee Handbook and related policies and procedures. Supports and participates in the mandatory Corporate Compliance Program training initiative on an annual or more frequent basis, as required.
1. Commitment to excellence in the provision of infusion pharmacy products and services.
2. Familiar with USP 797 Standards
3. Pharmaceutical quality assurance experience with parenteral and/or enteral products.
4. Familiar with electronic pharmacy claims processing
5. Familiar with the medical supplies and equipment required for infusion therapy
6. Bilingual – proficient in English and Spanish
Certifications required: Active Pharmacy Technician Certification
Univita offers a competitive and complete benefits package.
Univita Health - 19 months ago