Responsible for the general oversight, evaluation and delivery of the HealthPoint pharmacy program. Provide direction and advice to health professionals as a highly specialized practitioner.
Clinical Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the clinical operation of the pharmacy program and direct the efforts of the pharmacist providers, in coordination with the Pharmacy Operations Manager.
- Develop and promulgate pharmacist prescriptive protocols and parameters of care.
- Provide pharmaceutical services to HealthPoint pharmacy patients and maintain familiarity with the procedures and routines of all HealthPoint pharmacies.
- Counsel patients and/or medical practitioners on drug indications or contraindications, dosage and administration, drug interactions, and side effects; provides other drug and pharmaceutical information as appropriate.
- Provide advice on pharmacy matters, including any expansion of services or facilities in the pharmacy programs and allocation of resources within the program.
- Maintain established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances and disposal of hazardous waste drugs
- Advocate for HealthPoint within local and state professional societies and maintain membership in appropriate professional organizations, particularly those which exist to improve access to pharmaceutical care for undeserved populations.
- Assay medications to determine identity, purity and strength.
- Instruct interns and other medical personnel on matters pertaining to pharmacy.
- Develop and implements systems to maintain records on equipment inventories, and compliance activities.
- Oversee in coordination with pharmacy operations manager all facets of the daily operations of the pharmacy, ensuring compliance with Agency, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations.
- Develop or assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and safe operation of the department.
- Advise medical practitioners on various aspects of prescribing through meetings, newsletters, and other forms of verbal and written communication.
- Conduct regular and periodic meetings with pharmacy leadership team.
- Provide leadership in the development and operation of the pharmacy program, based upon community need, health behaviors of the clients served, and resources of the organization.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of pharmacists. Responsible for the oversight and evaluation of pharmacist providers.
- Participate in the development of the pharmacy annual budget process.
- Serve as liaison between pharmacist providers and HealthPoint management.
- Assist with grant compliance activities, requirements and service goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains good attendance, is punctual and works full scheduled shift is a condition of employment.
- Demonstrates respectful, professional and appropriate behavior that supports a team oriented work environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, core values and goals of HealthPoint and its healthcare delivery including the ability to integrate values of justice, respect, compassion, excellence and stewardship into appropriate programs and services.
Education and/or Experience
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Licenses or Certificates
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university in Pharmacy
- Three to five years directly related experience.
- Maintain current registration/licensure with the State of Washington as a Pharmacist.
HealthPoint CHC - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -