Job Duties Include: Assist the pharmacist in filling prescriptions and serving customers. Confirm which drugs are covered and recommend possible generic substitutes. Maintain proper inventory levels and records, store drugs at correct temperatures and keep controlled substances suitably secured.
Under direct supervision of a licensed Pharmacist, counsels patients on dosage, usage, storage, side effects and indication of medications to assist with patient compliance and knowledge. Under direct supervision of a licensed Pharmacist, consults prescribers to clarify inaccuracies, correct errors, notify of potential diagnostic related events and obtain authorization for any changes. Under the direct supervision of a licensed Pharmacist, may perform one or more of the following functions:
Provides guidance, education and advice relating to pharmacy operations to other pharmacy location personnel. Records and assists in handling customer complaints / concerns per company policies and procedures. Assist with the department's performance improvement program. Collect data, note trends and suggest improvements, increase patient care and safety. Also assists and monitors with drug utilization reviewing evaluations within the institution. Maintain confidentiality customer and proprietary in compliance with HIPPA and company policies.
- Identify, resolve and prevent drug therapy problems by providing continuous patient care
- Recommend preventative care when appropriate as it relates to medication therapy management
- Identify opportunities to lower health care costs and simplify a patient's drug regimen
- Perform therapeutic interchange protocols, IV to Oral conversions, interpret laboratory data, notify physicians of drug therapy recommendations based on results of laboratory data.
- Current enrollment in an accredited school of pharmacy having completed at least the 5th year of the pharmacist program
- Knowledgeable of the principles and practices of professional pharmacy
- Knowledge of generic and brand name terminology
- Knowledge of pharmacological and legal classification of drugs
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one) and in writing (emails, reports, presentations) to various audiences (team, customers)
Current Intern / Extern license as granted by state licensing agency
Experience working in a retail or hospital pharmacy
Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients)
Walgreens - 8 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...