Job ID: : 26443
Department: : RS Pharmacy
City: : Minneapolis, MN
Location: : HP - Mpls Riverside Clinic
Position Type: : Part-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: : Every Saturday 10:00am - 2:00pm
Hrs/Pay Period: : 8
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service, and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, with patients and the community, helped us earn a place on the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s list of the Twin Cities Great Places to Work. If you want to be part of transforming healthcare through partnership – capitalizing on opportunities to integrate, innovate and improve – then you’re the kind of partner we’re looking for.
Our continued growth has created an opportunity for a part-time Pharmacy Intern (.11) to work at the HealthPartners Riverside Clinic in Minneapolis. This is a customer service position, which presents a first impression of HPMG&C pharmacy services and staff. This person supports the pharmacy by delivering timely, accurate and professional services to members and staff and to resolve customer concerns in a positive manner. The purpose of this position is to provide service excellence through patient care and patient relationships and is the responsibility of all employees. Teamwork is the norm and all employees will be held accountable to work as effective team members.
Every Saturday 10:00am - 2:00pm
- High School diploma or GED
- Completion of one year of accredited pharmacy program including at least 2 years completed post-secondary education
- Registered as a Pharmacy Intern with the Minnesota State Board of Pharmacy
- Knowledge of drugs and drug categories
- Knowledge of pharmacologic and legal classification of drugs
- Demonstrated self-direction in attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in person, in writing, or on the telephone
- Six-months computer and keyboard experience including pharmacy systems
- Six-months customer service experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong mathematics aptitude
1. Accept new prescriptions from members, inquire about medication allergies and obtain address from patient. Gather other information, as necessary, such as member number, birth date, and phone number, if not already included. Make sure name and medical record numbers are accurate and legible. Inform Pharmacist immediately of any interactions flagged by the computer system for Pharmacist intervention. Updates patient records regarding medication allergies and disease states.
2. Accurately enter new prescriptions in accordance to applicable formulary, special approval or prior authorization, ensuring all necessary information is complete and in conjunction with coverage limitations and eligibility, as indicated by the computer system.
3. Receive member refill request by telephone, automated refill line, recorded message, or by patient at the pharmacy window. Enter refill request into the computer system in order for the computer to generate prescription labels. Route computer generated action request to provider if no refills are authorized. Contact physician’s office if approval is required for refills outside of the HPMG&C system.
4. Adjudicates prescription claims for payment in accordance with Plan provisions, policies and procedures.
5. Researches and makes necessary changes to rejected claims, which could include the need to determine benefit coverage through interpretation of Plan provisions.
6. Attach documentation to allow physicians to meet Drug Utilization Reports initiatives or to notify them of the need of prior approval from pharmacy administration before filling prescription.
7. Identify and edit prescription entries due to changes or entry error.
8. Enter third-party information for the computer to process. If prescription claim is rejected, problem-solve and make necessary changes. If claim still does not process, call help line or refer claim to a Pharmacist.
9. Fill prescriptions and injectable orders for stations under the direction and/or verification of pharmacists. Fill and label prescriptions in containers appropriately. Provide warning labels and USPDI (United States Pharm Drug Info) leaflets as indicated by the computer.
10. Prepare compounded medications, including but not limited to topical products, suppositories, and allergy serums. Initiates and maintains patient profiles, prepares Chemo therapeutic agents, antibiotics and IV drugs.
11. Prepackage prescription drugs and maintain log under the direction/verification of a Pharmacist.
12. Package prescriptions to mail to patients and enclose bill as necessary.
13. Verify member/patient status on clinic computer systems. Access EPIC to view patient’s co-pay, if necessary.
14. Enter appropriate transaction into the cash register, collect co-payment from member, make change if indicated, and transfer filled prescription to member.
15. Sell over-the-counter items.
16. Accept miscellaneous payments for rental/sales of medical supplies, if dispensed by the pharmacy.
17. Maintain sufficient stock levels of all medications including over the counter items, special order and controlled substances, as indicated by the computer system and/or shelf levels. Maintains communication with vendors to problem solve delays, substitution and quantity discrepancies.
18. Maintain records of controlled substances in accordance to State Board of Pharmacy rules and regulations.
19. Do daily ordering of over-the-counter items and prescription drugs, as generated by the computer system, orders office supplies and assist in automated inventory. Reconcile orders with invoices. If applicable, authorizes payment for orders.
20. Stock shelves and assists with general housekeeping.
21. Return damaged and overstocked medications, complete credit paperwork, and prepare for return to appropriate vendor.
22. Run daily reports on prescriptions in pending action status and do follow-up.
23. Total cash register, count money, reconcile, and balance daily ledger including reconciliation of checks and charges. Prepare paperwork for Finance department and deposit for courier pickup.
24. Generate computer-generated profiles for patients at patient’s request as per confidentiality guidelines.
25. File prescriptions to be kept in pharmacy.
26. Box prescriptions and action requests to be shipped for storage.
27. Assist in training and retraining of Pharmacy Technical Assistants.
28. Assist in the computer training of Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technical Assistants and other staff as necessary.
29. Adhere to HPMG&C patient service standards.
30. Adhere to Pharmacy Department Quality Assurance Standards as directed by the Pharmacist staff and Pharmacist-in-Charge.
31. Professionally interact with customers. Positively resolve customer concerns.
32. Proficiently operate EPIC, Pharmacy and financial computer systems, and vendor ordering systems.
33. Maintains files of original written prescriptions to be kept as legal documents.
34. Receive action request or telephone refill approvals from physicians. Enter information into the computer, including authorizing physician, number of refills authorized, or refusal of refill.
35. Receive new prescriptions, relay prescription information, and transcribe prescription copies. Will contact providers to clarify medication orders, discuss non-formulary orders, etc.
36. Provides medication-related information to patients/members, providers, or other professional staff.
37. Counsels patient/members on the proper use of and effects of medication(s).
38. Verifies the filling of a prescription as a part of the double-check process to ensure prescriptions are filled accurately to avoid potential medication errors.
39. Perform other duties as directed by the Pharmacist-in-Charge, Pharmacists and management.
HealthPartners is nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care and we offer an excellent salary. For more information and to apply, go to www.healthpartners.jobs and search for job ID 26443.
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
HealthPartners - 13 months ago