The primary purpose of this position is to oversee the daily activities of the Pharmacy department within a retail store. Additionally, to assist customers with their health care needs by filling prescriptions and providing excellent customer service. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
Experience / Requirements:
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions filled by completing Drug Utilization Review and Final Quality Assurance, applicable to state and federal Board of Pharmacy regulations.
• Build profitable business and script growth through recommended clinical programs
including appropriate immunization and when available MTM (Medication Therapy Management), DCS (Diabetes Care Specialist), and all ongoing other programs as identified.
• Oversee the daily activities of the Pharmacy department.
• Counsel customers with regard to medications filled at the pharmacy.
• Ensure growth and profitability of Pharmacy Department.
• Handle and resolve customer issues, complaints and questions to build customer trust and loyalty.
• Comply with all federal and state laws and regulations.
• Interact with physicians to gain additional information about customers and prescriptions to be filled.
• Ensure excellent customer service by Pharmacy associates.
• Maintain a clean and efficient Pharmacy department.
• Provide leadership and development for associates by communicating career opportunities, providing regular performance feedback, and demonstrating RAPTAR
(Recognition, Appreciation, Praise, Treat Associates Respectfully) behaviors.
• Maintain appropriate security of the Pharmacy department.
• Maintain reports for controlled, outdated, and recalled medications; and prescription and customer files.
• Manage pharmacy inventory at acceptable levels to fulfill customer need.
• Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures for controlled substance dispensing and record keeping.
• Prioritize Pharmacy Department tasks and follow through to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner. Including, but not limited, to cycle counts, inventory management and will-calls to customers.
Bachelor's degree (BS), Doctoral degree (PHARM.D.), or equivalent in Pharmacy, and Immunization Certification through an accredited organization (i.e. APhA) plus a minimum of one(1) year experience as a licensed Pharmacist; or equivalent combination of education and experience. In addition, the associate should have experience in a retail environment.
Rite Aid - 21 months ago
Rite Aid is clinging to its position as a distant third (behind Walgreen and CVS) in the US retail drugstore business. The struggling...