summary description : The Operations Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of a site’s operation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the site as they pertain to company outcome objectives established for the region.
• Guide and direct supervisors in the development, production and promotion pharmacy products and services.
• Work with General Manager to direct development of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based on Omnicare corporate goals and growth objectives.
• Maintain a sound plan of corporate organization and follow established policies and procedures to ensure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession.
• Develop procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow.
• Ensure that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood to the satisfaction of both parties.
• Ensure that all organization activities and operations are executed in compliance with state and federal regulations and laws governing financial and pharmacy operations.
• Ensure that the staff is familiar with their role in carrying out the site’s emergency preparedness and security template.
• Respect the privacy, confidentiality, and security of patient information and property.
• Access only the minimum amount of patient protected health information needed to perform your role well.
• Have a thorough understanding of the Omnicare Long Term Care Pharmacy/Home Infusion Pharmacy Policy and Procedure Manual and internal pharmacy policies and procedures.
• Attend corporate and pharmacy meetings as required.
• Cross-trained to assist other areas such as delivery, pharmacy tech, and purchasing personnel if qualified and trained.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Ensure that the site is in compliance with all applicable local, state, federal, and accrediting rules and regulations and policies and procedure set forth by Omnicare.
• Display behavior which exemplifies employee code of conduct guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- MUST be Six Sigma certified
- College Degree or 6 years equivalent experience required
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex topics using reasoning abilities to apply advanced mathematical concepts and draw valid conclusions
- 2-5 years experience in a health care management/supervisor role with a minimum of 3 years in long term care pharmacy
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...