Summary: Performs packaging tasks and the related activities in support of the medication dispensing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follow daily packaging assignments.
• Complete extemporaneous packaging assignments as needed.
• Clean work station and replenish all supplies.
• Change gloves between medications.
• Clean machine with alcohol between each medication packaging .
• Hand/Strip/Card packaging—never touch medication with bare hands, only tweezers.
• Double-check accuracy of all medications before beginning packaging process.
• Record all quantities and expiration dates in designated log area.
• Obtain pharmacist check.
• Place completed stock on shelf and return any unused medication to the appropriate area in the pharmacy.
• Respect the privacy, confidentiality, and security of patient information.
• Access only the minimum amount of patient protected health information needed to perform your JOB/ROLE well.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Display behavior which exemplifies employee code of conduct guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
Education and Qualifications:
o Currently enrolled in high school or a high school graduate or equivalent
o Ability to physically perform light lifting
o Ability to follow written and oral instructions
o Neat/clean appearance
o Visual acuity
o Knowledge of basic math skills
o Pharmacy technician license if required in the state
• Preferred Experience
o Previous technician/warehouse experience
Rotating Schedule 1pm - 10:00pm Everyother Weekend
Refer to above description
Omnicare, Inc - 2 years ago
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...