Job Duties Include: Responsible for using all knowledge of all aspects of the home care industry in order to provide understanding and assistance to referral source, healthcare practitioner and the customer/patient. Responsible for utilizing the proper data gathering and qualifying procedures in order to ensure that orders are entered in a timely accurate manner. Performs all functions in a professional manner and collaborates with other members of the health care team to ensure the provision of quality patient services. Schedules deliveries, establishes supply lists and accommodates ongoing patient supply requirements. Participates actively in the logistics of pharmacy product and clinical services to patients.
Provides customer/patients with courteous, friendly and efficient service and information. Applies and maintains current knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and managed care regulations regarding coverage guidelines and reimbursement in order to qualify patients and ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines. Applies overall knowledge of customer needs regarding supplies. Assists patients/customers as required, in obtaining appropriate equipment/supplies, based on doctor’s prescription and customer requirements. Processes incoming orders for infusion and supplies using admissions training guidelines. Verifies and documents eligibility of patients for benefit coverage, reimbursement guidelines, and terms of payment. Gathers and documents information for billing which may include, but is not limited to, claim forms, CMNS, pre-certification forms, Authorization forms/numbers. Informs patient of their financial responsibility. Makes follow-up calls to customers to assure equipment is functioning and being utilized properly.
Under pharmacist supervision creates new and “refills” prescriptions, generates labels and mixing reports. Through collaboration with all involved, generates shipping document with accurate delivery information, medication, supplies and equipment. Through collaboration with all involved, chooses appropriate and cost effective method of delivery considering time, storage requirements, and patient specific factors. Coordinates delivery services and communicates delivery information effectively to patients, caregivers, nurses, pharmacists, and distribution personnel. Provides training to the patient, caregiver or nurse on applicable areas of the patient teaching checklist. Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Walgreens information.
- High School graduate or Equivalent.
- Pharmacy Technician certificate if required by state of practice.
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc.).
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Willing to travel up to 5 % of the time for business purposes.
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar medical setting.
Walgreens - 19 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...