SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Pull and fill medications for distribution to long term care facilities based on the physician orders and prescriptions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Fills daily drug orders accurately and efficiently, under the supervision of a pharmacist
- Assists the purchaser in restocking pharmacy shelves with supplies, medications, etc. as needed
- Initiates reordering of out of stock items or low inventory items
- May assist in quarterly physical inventory of pharmacy products
- Pre-pack, label and store medication as needed
Omnicare offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees which includes medical with prescription drug plan, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, 401k, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certified Pharmacy Technician preferred. (If hired and not certified, candidate must be able to pass Omnicare Pharmacy Technician exam within year of date of hire.)
- Medical terminology a plus (abbreviations, brand/generic comparisons)
The shift of this open position is Monday – Friday, 11am to 7:30pm with every other Saturday, 9am to 5:30pm (and a day off during the week that you work on a Saturday).
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Omnicare, Inc - 2 years ago
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...