SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Pull and fill medications for distribution to long term care facilities based on the physician orders and prescriptions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Fills daily drug orders accurately and efficiently, under the supervision of a pharmacist
• Assists the purchaser in restocking pharmacy shelves with supplies, medications, etc. as needed
• Initiates reordering of out of stock items or low inventory items
• May assist in quarterly physical inventory of pharmacy products
• Pre-pack, label and store medication as needed
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Registration with the Texas Board of Pharmacy as a pharmacy technician is required.
- Certification with the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience as a pharmacy technician is required.
• Medical terminology a plus (abbreviations, brand/generic comparisons)
Omnicare offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees which includes medical with prescription drug plan, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, 401k, etc.
The shift of this open position is: Monday-Friday from 2:00pm-11:00pm and rotating one out of every 3 weekends.
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Omnicare, Inc - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...