Dedicates time and talents to development of personal clinical and operational pharmacy excellence through intensive training and rotational activities. Serves as a resource for other healthcare disciplines through formal and informal educational opportunities. Develops skills necessary to function competently in the areas of pharmacy operations, clinical pharmacy, and the provision of pharmaceutical care as assessed in the following categories:
-+ Practice Foundation Skills
-+ Direct Patient Care
-+ Drug Information and Drug Policy Development
-+ Practice Management
-+ Central Pharmacy Staffing
1. Graduation from an accredited college of pharmacy. Licensed or license-eligible to practice pharmacy in the State of Michigan. Must achieve pharmacy registration within 3 months of hire.
2. A Doctor of Pharmacy degree is required.
3. Ability to facilitate staff development through appropriate coaching, mentoring, and teaching.
4. Ability to commit to the philosophy, values, mission, and vision of the health system
5. Ability to commit to the rules and training as outlined by ASHP, local residency advisory committee, and the residency program director.
6. Ability to function effectively on variable shifts and shift lengths, as defined by ACGME.
7. Prior hospital experience preferred (including educational clinical activities).
8. Physical and mental requirements include:
Primarily involves walking, standing, and reading, but frequently involves a wide range of physical activities.
Frequently involves lifting, carrying and/or pushing/pulling up to 10 pounds, while a wider weight range is occasionally lifted, carried and/or pushed/pulled.
Frequently performing detailed tasks, being subject to interruptions, and being subject to evolving and changing work priorities.
Occasional travel will be required.
Working in a patient environment may result in exposure to communicable diseases and hazardous substances.
Will be required to supervise pharmacy technicians, interns, and students in rotational and staffing activities.
Battle Creek Health System - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -