SUMMARY DESCRIPTION : This position is responsible for maintaining continuity with the returns of drugs to the pharmacy, handling and processing state medication returns in accordance with State mandates and criteria, and reconciling expired meds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Organize items refused from facilities.
• Handle and process state medication returns.
• Organize drugs and separate full cards from partials.
• Check returned drugs for expiration dates.
• Ensure that drugs with less than months expiration date are placed in appropriate waste bin for collection.
• Key returns into the computer and credit the number of tablets/capsules returned by each facility, except those that require special handling.
• Keep the credit returns area orderly and clean at all times.
• Reconcile Return and Waste Report from expired meds.
• Maintain CONFIDENTIALITY of all pertinent resident care information to ensure resident rights are protected.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Display behavior which exemplifies employee code of conduct guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
o Must possess as a minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent.
o Pre – Employment health examinations
o Good communication and organizational skills
o Must have the ability to read and write English
o Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with customers, personnel, visitors, and the general public
o Must be knowledgeable of administrative practices, procedures, and guidelines
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Job Title: Returns Technician
Schedule 8am - 5pm Everyother Weekend
Refer to above description
Omnicare, Inc - 17 months ago
Omnicare strives to be omnipresent in US nursing homes. The firm is the country's largest institutional pharmacy services provider,...