The purpose of positions in this classification answer incoming telephone calls and coordinate deliveries for all pharmacy patients as well assists with inventory control in infusion warehouse.
This listing is not to be construed as all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Marginal Job Duties:
- Answers incoming telephone calls and responds to general non-clinical inquiries regarding the pharmacy and infusion program.
- Coordinates with warehouse staff to schedule pharmacy deliveries.
- Contacts pharmacy patients to review pharmacy supply needs are being met.
- Reviews the Infusion Department Refills report to priortize outgoing phone calls to patients.
- Reviews inventory levels in the infusion warehouse and refills pharmaceutical and enteral supplies with Registered Pharmacist oversight.
- Utilizes the pharmacy software program. Enters data and generates Delivery Receipts in the pharmacy software program.
- Pulls pharmacy supplies from warehouse shelves to fulfill orders as needed.
- Participates in the on-call schedule.
- Makes deliveries to patient homes when needed.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Gathers medications to be passed onto the Pharmacy Technicians in the cleanroom.
- Packs deliveries for courier shipment and arrange with courier in absence of Warehouse Delivery Technician.
- Performs Pharmacy Technician duties as necessary
High school diploma or equivalent with Certified Pharmacy Technician certification preferred. Six months to one year of prior experience, preferably as a Pharmacy Technician or any other combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills or abilities.
Experience in the aseptic preparation of IV medications strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
This position requires travel to patient homes and meeting locations.
Must maintain a valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
Must maintain an acceptable driver’s record per company policy.
Must maintain proof of current auto insurance.
Must have access to a vehicle in good working condition.
Positions in this classification require weekend, holiday and evening on-call duties.
This position rates as MEDIUM WORK as defined by the Dictionary of Occupational TitlesThis position rates as MEDIUM WORK as defined by the Dictionary of Occupational Titles
Home Health United
- 2 years ago - save job