Following physicians' orders, the Pharmacy Tech assists pharmacists |
by filling routine orders for unit does and prepackaged pharmaceutical dispenses medications. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
- Counts, packages, and labels unit does for inspection by pharmacist.
- Assists pharmacists as directed, including filling orders and preparing labels.
- Prepares I.V. mixtures and operates automated systems.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory and performs clerical duties.
- Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and performs dispensing duties accordingly.
- Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory and ordering of pharmaceuticals.
- Orients and mentors staff.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- National certification as a Pharmacy Tech (CPhT)
- Previous pharmacy tech experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
HCA Inc - 23 months ago
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview...