About Sterling Regional MedCenter
Sterling Regional MedCenter is a 36-bed acute care regional hospital serving northeastern Colo. with state-of-the-art technology and compassionate professionalism. Since 1938, we have provided exceptional care to meet the needs of northeastern Colorado and the surrounding area. We provide our patients with cutting-edge technology such as eICU, a remote monitoring system and our intelligent OB program, a computerized system designed to reduce the chance of complications during labor. We are also home to the David Walsh Cancer Center, which offers our community an unprecedented level of cancer care. In addition, we are one of Logan County’s largest employers with approximately 300 employees and more than 20 physicians representing ten specialties. We have also been voted Best Employer in Northeastern Colorado for three years in a row.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position will work under the supervision of the pharmacist and other pharmacy personnel. Performs routine duties in packaging, distribution and record keeping of pharmaceutical supplies. Consistently demonstrates an ability to assess a situation, consider alternatives, and choose the appropriate course of action. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients being served.
- Selects and/or prepares medications, under direct supervision, as indicated on the patient medication orders. Places medications in patient boxes or in designated area for pharmacist to check, sends/delivers medications to nursing units as required. May investigate missing medication requests.
- Charges/credits patients for medications and intravenous solutions as appropriate. Restocks unused and credited returned medications. May also prepare the daily bank deposit and financial reports, maintain databases and troubleshoot automated technology malfunctions.
- Attends to customers and answers telephones in a courteous and timely manner. Serves as a liaison between the customer and the pharmacist. May also take requests for prescription refills and obtain necessary authorizations.
- Identifies medications and other items for reorder as necessary to maintain a continuous inventory of medications and supplies. Receives, checks-in, and restocks medications ordered through wholesaler and other vendors. Assesses practical ways to deal with shorted items and short-dated or unusable items.
- Repackages bulk medications into unit of use packaging. Completes accurate documentation of medications repackaged.
- Performs quality control activities in a timely manner. Completes documentation on refrigerator temperatures, and equipment maintenance activities as required.
- May use automated dispensing technology or requisition to restock medications to nursing and ancillary areas after they are checked by a pharmacist. Restocks medications to all areas outside automated dispensing technology which may include but not be limited to trays, code carts and emergency boxes. Investigates discrepancies in automated dispensing technology.
Requires pharmacy technician trainee licensure in the state of practice (where applicable). Must possess good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must have good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts. Must acquire knowledge of computer software, particularly medication management information system software, Microsoft applications and Automated dispensing systems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 6 months ago