REQUIRED: BILINGUAL IN SPANISH APPLICANTS
Under direct supervision of a registered pharmacist working within a licensed pharmacy, performs the technical, nonjudgemental aspects of medication preparation, distribution, record keeping and inventory control. Tasks are subject to sequential or final verification by a registered nurse or a registered pharmacist.
- Assists with the preparation of medication orders by compounding or admixing medications under supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- Checks all orders for completeness of information. Verifies patient information and proper physician authorization.
- Under direct supervision, admixes drugs as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner as per department guidelines, and preparing all drugs within OSHA guidelines and interoffice guidelines.
- Calculates correct dosage volumes, converting between metric and apothecary equivalents. Assists in counting controlled drugs weekly and maintain records.
- Properly disposes all materials used when mixing chemo or non-chemo IVs. Assists in cleaning hoods daily checking drugs monthly for outdates and other quality assurance activities as assigned.
- Assists in keeping accurate temperature logs, accurate logs on all protocol drugs and patient assistance drugs.
- Maintains proper control documentation of medications including lot numbers. Provide support with inventory control of medications. Prepares labels. Files and prepares billing. Basic data entry into department automation.
PAY: Will start at 12 an hour this is a brand new pharmacy once we are open for some time pay will go up as well. Any questions give me a call at 713-261-0994.