Education / Licensure / Certification:
Education: Required: High school diploma or equivalent. Pharmacy technician experience, or enrolled in school of pharmacy, pharmacy technician training program, or four-year college/university seeking an allied health professional degree.
Licensure/Certification: Technician certification is preferred but not required.
Experience/Skills: Required: All requirements for Pharmacy Technician I, plus one year hospital pharmacy technician experience.
Preferred: Hospital pharmacy technician experience. Technician certification is preferred but not required for hire. Technician must obtain certification within two years of hire and maintain current certification while employed with Cone Health inpatient pharmacy.
This position is accountable to work under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist and assist in the various activities of the pharmacy department in order to provide quality patient care for the following patient age categories: neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and/or geriatric, depending on the clinical setting. Pharmacy technicians will function in accordance with established procedures and guidelines; the supervising pharmacist must approve deviations from this.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. All qualifications of a level one (I) technician.
2. National pharmacy technician certification preferred, but not required.
3. Level “SP” or higher on all major work activity job functions on last performance review.
4. Two years of work experience, including one year of hospital pharmacy experience, preferred.
5. No attendance probation or performance probation within one year of applying.
6. Demonstrates independence, time management, efficiency, and accountability for actions.
Cone Health - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Cone Health (formerly Moses Cone Health System) serves patients in central North Carolina through five acute and specialty care hospitals...