Job Duties Include: A Pharmacy Technician II assists the pharmacist with providing safe and appropriate pharmacy services to Walgreens patients in accordance with the policies and procedures of Walgreens, the state’s professional standards, and other regulatory entities. The Pharmacy Technician II works under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist and assists with the preparation, packing and delivery of products and services to Walgreens patients. A Pharmacy Technician II is experienced in all aspects of medication compounding and plays a significant role in the coordination of patient services.
Performs the following tasks in a correct and timely fashion under the supervision of a pharmacist: contacts patients and/or caregivers to schedule a delivery and determine supply needs; picks and packs medical supplies to fill patient orders; accurately dispenses products in the computer system to generate a delivery ticket and/or prescription labels; confirms delivery tickets after delivery. Assists the pharmacist with the preparation and dispensing of medications and supplies using appropriate techniques and following Walgreens policies and procedures. Accurately calibrates equipment. Assists with recording and maintaining pharmacy temperature and cleaning logs. Ensures that all pharmacy surfaces, laminar flow hoods and clean room are cleaned per Walgreens policy. Understands and can perform basic pharmaceutical calculations in order to obtain correct doses of medications. Prepares medications under the supervision of a pharmacist so they are accurately compounded. Ensures that a licensed pharmacist properly checks all compounding and packing. Adheres to appropriate safety and quality assurance practices. Complies with state and federal laws.
Assists with product purchasing, inventory and equipment management. Orders the correct drug products from the wholesale company if requested. Knowledgeable of various vendors and where to get different supplies, medications and clean room needs. Verifies the accuracy of product orders received. Checks prices against contract and in the schedule of charges. Complies with the Walgreens formulary. Cleans and tests infusion pumps. Assists with the system of tracking infusion pumps and medical equipment. Speaks knowledgeably of the scope of services that are available through Walgreens. Understands basic drug terminology and therapies/services provided. Understands other areas of Walgreens and what scope of service the company has to offer. Maintains confidentiality of patient and proprietary information. Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Walgreens information. Understands and complies with HIPPA.
Participates in the process for assessing, managing, and reporting medication-related incidents and equipment error and/or failures. Accurately completes QAR forms and forwards them to the supervising pharmacist. Assists with the training and supervision of new pharmacy technicians. In all activities, complies with accreditation, legal, regulatory, and safety requirements. Participates in on-call responsibilities of the pharmacy department if required. May work on advanced projects and committees, participate in performance improvement, complete and monitor quality control, assist the purchasing coordinator and coordinate and prioritize compounding room scheduling.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- State certification registration or licensure if required by state.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Basic Internet Explorer skills to include opening a browser, typing in URLs in the correct location, using a search engine, bookmarking a site, navigating using back/forward/stop buttons, and filling out forms online.
- Basic email skills, internet explorer (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
- Willing to travel up to 5 % of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- At least 3 years of experience in hospital or home infusion.
- At least 3 years of experience in sterile compounding.
- Previous sterile compounding experience.
- Access to a reliable means of transportation which will enable the incumbents to make home visits to treat/attend to their patients. If such means of transportation would include a personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license and a proof of insurance would be required.
Walgreens - 18 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...