Job ID: : 25837
Department: : Mail Order
City: : Eden Prairie, MN
Location: : HP - Eden Prairie Office Building
Position Type: : On Call
Anticipated Work Schedule: : This is an on-call position. Days and hours may vary, Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 5:00pm.
Hrs/Pay Period: : 0
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service, and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, with patients and the community, helped us earn a place on the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s list of the Twin Cities Great Places to Work. If you want to be part of transforming healthcare through partnership – capitalizing on opportunities to integrate, innovate and improve – then you’re the kind of partner we’re looking for.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in the Mail Order Pharmacy. There is an opening for a Pharmacy Technician II, On-Call (working approximately 20 hours a week) to work at our Eden Prairie location. This position seeks to solve problems and prepare mail order requests.
This is an on-call position. Days and hours may vary Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 5:00pm. Evening, weekend, and holiday shifts are possible, but rare. The starting wage for this position is $17.37/hr.
- High School diploma or GED
- Completion of accredited Pharmacy Technical program or six-months comparable pharmacy technician experience.
- State Registration
- Knowledge of drugs and drug categories
- Six-months computer and keyboard experience including pharmacy systems
- Good oral communication skills
- Good written communication skills
- Detail orientation
- Six-months customer service experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic mathematics aptitude
1. Accurately enter new prescriptions in accordance to applicable formulary, special approval or prior authorization, ensuring all necessary information is complete and in conjunction with coverage limitations and eligibility, as indicated by the computer system.
2. Adjudicates prescription claims for payment in accordance with plan provisions, policies and procedures.
3. Researches and makes necessary changes to rejected claims, which could include the need to determine benefit coverage through interpretation of Plan provisions.
4. Receive action request or telephone refill approvals from physicians. Enter information into the computer, including authorizing physician, number of refills authorized, or refusal of refill.
5. Attach documentation to allow physicians to meet Drug Utilization Reports initiatives or to notify them of the need of prior approval from pharmacy administration before filling prescription.
6. Identify and edit prescription entries due to changes or entry error.
7. Enter third-party information for the computer to process. If prescription claim is rejected, problem-solve and make necessary changes. If claim still does not process, call help line or refer claim to a Pharmacist.
8. Verify member/patient status on clinic computer systems. Access EPIC to view patient’s co-pay, if necessary.
9. Run daily reports on prescriptions in pending action status and do follow-up.
10. Generate computer-generated profiles for patients at patient’s request as per confidentiality guidelines.
11. Assist in training and retraining of Pharmacy Technical Assistants.
12. Assist in the computer training of Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technical Assistants and other staff as necessary.
13. Adhere to HPMG&C patient service standards.
14. Adhere to Pharmacy Department Quality Assurance Standards as directed by the Pharmacist staff and Pharmacist-in-Charge.
15. Professionally interact with customers. Positively resolve customer concerns.
16. Proficiently operate EPIC, Pharmacy and financial computer systems, and vendor ordering systems.
17. Maintains files of original written prescriptions to be kept as legal documents.
18. Perform other duties as directed by the Pharmacist-in-Charge, pharmacists and management.
HealthPartners is nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.jobs and search for job ID 25169.
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
The largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation, HealthPartners provides care, coverage, research and...