Job ID: : 25844
Department: : CO Pharmacy
City: : St. Paul, MN
Location: : HP - St Paul Como Clinic
Position Type: : Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: : Monday through Thursday 10:45am-7:15pm and Friday 9:45am-6:15pm
Hrs/Pay Period: : 80
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service, and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, with patients and the community, helped us earn a place on the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s list of the Twin Cities Great Places to Work. If you want to be part of transforming healthcare through partnership – capitalizing on opportunities to integrate, innovate and improve – then you’re the kind of partner we’re looking for.
Our continued growth has created an opportunity for a full time Pharmacy Technician II to work in the clinic pharmacy at the HealthPartners St. Paul Clinic. This is a customer-focused position, which represents a first impression of pharmacy services and staff. This person will support the pharmacy in the delivery of timely, accurate and professional information. They will work closely with members, patients and staff to answer questions and resolve customer concerns positively.
Monday through Thursday 10:45am-7:15pm and Friday 9:45am-6:15pm. The starting wage for this position is $17.37/hr.
- High School diploma or GED
- Completion of accredited Pharmacy Technical program or six-months comparable pharmacy technician experience.
- State Registration
- Knowledge of drugs and drug categories
- Six-months computer and keyboard experience including pharmacy systems
- Good oral communication skills
- Good written communication skills
- Detail orientation
- Six-months customer service experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic mathematics aptitude
1. Accept new prescriptions from members, inquire about medication allergies and obtain address from patient. Gather other information, as necessary, such as member number, birth date, and phone number, if not already included. Make sure name and medical record numbers are accurate and legible. Inform Pharmacist immediately of any interactions flagged by the computer system for Pharmacist intervention. Updates patient records regarding medication allergies and disease states.
2. Accurately enter new prescriptions in accordance to applicable formulary, special approval or prior authorization, ensuring all necessary information is complete and in conjunction with coverage limitations and eligibility, as indicated by the computer system.
3. Receive member refill request by telephone. Enter refill request into the computer system in order for the computer to generate prescription labels. Route computer generated action request to provider if no refills are authorized. Contact physician’s office if approval is required for refills outside of the HPMG&C system.
4. Adjudicates prescription claims for payment in accordance with Plan provisions, policies and procedures.
5. Researches and makes necessary changes to rejected claims, which could include the need to determine benefit coverage through interpretation of Plan provisions.
6. Receive action request or telephone refill approvals from physicians. Enter information into the computer, including authorizing physician, number of refills authorized, or refusal of refill.
7. Attach documentation to allow physicians to meet Drug Utilization Reports initiatives or to notify them of the need of prior approval from pharmacy administration before filling prescription.
8. Identify and edit prescription entries due to changes or entry error.
9. Enter third-party information for the computer to process. If prescription claim is rejected, problem-solve and make necessary changes. If claim still does not process, call help line or refer claim to a Pharmacist.
10. Verify member/patient status on clinic computer systems.
11. Accept miscellaneous payments for rental/sales of medical supplies, if dispensed by the pharmacy.
12. Maintain records of controlled substances in accordance to State Board of Pharmacy rules and regulations.
13. Generate computer-generated profiles for patients at patient’s request as per confidentiality guidelines.
14. Assist in training and retraining of Pharmacy Technical Assistants.
15. Assist in the computer training of Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technical Assistants and other staff as necessary.
16. Adhere to HPMG&C patient service standards.
17. Adhere to Pharmacy Department Quality Assurance Standards as directed by the Pharmacist staff and Pharmacist-in-Charge.
18. Professionally interact with customers. Positively resolve customer concerns.
19. Perform other duties as directed by the Pharmacist-in-Charge, pharmacists and management.
HealthPartners, nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care, offers a comprehensive benefits package. To see a complete job description and/or to apply for this position, please visit www.healthpartners.jobs, click on job opportunities and search for Job ID # 25844.
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
HealthPartners - 2 years ago
The largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation, HealthPartners provides care, coverage, research and...