Medical Records Technician
The Medical Records Technician maintains the pharmacy generated medical records component of customer charts at the centers serviced by the pharmacy. Included are physician order sheets (POS), medication administration records (MARs), treatment administration records (TARs), and other requested forms or reports. This will be done on a scheduled basis according to predetermined delivery times
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Enters all non-medication orders and some medication orders into customer specific profiles for assigned centers in the pharmacy computer system. Checks new admits, makes corrections, and deletes duplicate orders.
• Receives physician order sheets and telephone orders and files for future archive storage.
• Assists with conversions and new home start-ups along with pharmacy data entry as required.
• Reviews and edits monthly physician order forms and telephone orders returned to the pharmacy. Inputs recap notations, order changes and other information provided relative to medical records.
• Reviews each facility's requirements for medical records with the facility supervisor, pharmacy consulting staff, account management, DON, etc. to set up center specific medical records.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
• Full job description available upon request.
Omnicare offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees which includes medical with prescription drug plan, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, 401k, etc. Click on the Omnicare link to see a complete list.
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Education, Qualifications & Skills
• High school education or its equivalent.
• Working knowledge of medical and pharmacy terminology required.
• General knowledge of pharmacy and long term care regulations as they pertain to monthly physician order sheets and medication administration records; knowledge may be gained through training.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to maintain composure on phone when handling customer calls.
• Ability to perform accurately and efficiently when imputing information.
• Intermediate typing/keyboarding skills.
• At least one year of long-term care and/or data entry experience is required.
M-F 9:00am - 5:30pm
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...