This is a full time position. Schedule will be Monday through Friday with alternating Saturdays. Compensation will be negotiable based on experience.
Functions/Duties of Position
Primary duties include: electronic insurance processing and adjudication, initiating and follow up on prior authorizations. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to answering incoming phone calls, obtaining patient demographic information, and preparing prescriptions for delivery.
- High School Diploma
- Pharmacy Technician Certification
- State of Oregon Pharmacy Technician License required
- Must posses computer skills
- Ability to read and understand medical-related terms
- Must work well in a team setting with open communication
- Ability to establish priorities in workflow
- Insurance processing experience
- Accountability for accuracy associated with performance of the duties to this position
- Flexibility in scheduling of shift times
- Possible exposure to hazardous chemicals and noise
Physical Demands & Equipment Usage:
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for 6-8 continuous hours per day. Majority of time will be seated at a computer with telephone headset.