At Beverly Hills Cancer Center, we vigorously pursue total health and wellness by delivering leading-edge medicine in a truly compassionate manner. By combining breakthrough research with advanced diagnostic technologies and a variety of treatment modalities, our dedicated medical professionals provide uniquely comprehensive care to those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. We set our company apart by raising the bar to provide the highest level of care and becoming the center of choice for patients and referring physicians. We are seeking a reliable, dedicated Pharmacy Technician to join our growing team.
Assists Infusion Nurses and Pharmacy Dept with organizing work flow during daily chemotherapy mix cycle.
- Prepare cytotoxics and other drugs for intravenous use under direct supervision of Pharmacist and Registered Nurse (after satisfactory completion of appropriate IV training and testing)
- Dispense appropriate quantities of medications and account for waste when necessary.
- Processing and filling prescriptions for our in-house pharmacy.
- Filing for prior authorizations when required by insurance companies.
- Set up for next day's chemotherapy mix cycle.
- Stock and order supplies for chemotherapy mix room.
- Perform monthly outdate checks on inventory.
- Perform pharmaceutical inventories at designated time intervals.
- Clean equipment, shelving units and work areas according to designated methods.
- Previous experience in oncology pharmacy or related field preferred; above average computer skills or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Current California pharmacy technician license required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and computerized materials such as practitioner orders, safety rules, material safety data sheets, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Professional demeanour and attitude.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively and efficiently with others. Flexibility and receptivity a must.
Salary and Benefits:
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer an excellent salary, negotiable depending upon level of related experience, and a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401K, etc.
You have a vision for success. We can help you get there.
Every business begins as a vision -- an idea that springs from the mind of an...