The Pharmacy Tech reports directly to the Pharmacy Manager and is responsible for greeting and assisting the patients in a courteous and professional manner, processing prescriptions using the pharmacy prescription software, assisting pharmacist in getting prescriptions ready and collecting any applicable copays from patients.
Works with customers in a courteous and professional manner. Answers the telephone in a professional manner, routing calls as necessary. Maintains all patient information as “highly confidential" in accordance with HIPAA Guidelines. Fills and labels prescriptions for Pharmacy Manager or Staff Pharmacist, in accordance with State and Federal Laws. Repacks drugs as instructed by Pharmacy Manager of Staff Pharmacist in accordance with State and Federal Laws. Maintains department logs including Daily, Refill, and Outside Prescription Logs. Maintains signature log ensuring patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA Guidelines. Takes prescription refill orders by telephone in a professional manner, in accordance with State and Federal Laws and in compliance with HIPAA Guidelines. Performs patient data entry into the computer. Stocks Shelves, rotates, stock, checks expiration dates of all pharmaceuticals. Places drug and supply orders with prime vendors. Checks packing slips to orders received. Keeps reconstituting/compounding area clean and working properly. Reports out of stock and back-order problems to Pharmacy Manager. Maintains temperature logs, maintains refrigerator and freezer temperatures. Counts non-prepackaged drugs extemporaneously in accordance with State and Federal Laws. Follows applicable Policies and Procedures. Other duties assigned by Pharmacy Manager or Staff Pharmacist.
- Ability and knowledge to perform job duties of Pharmacy Clerk as defined in SOP 308.RxT
- Must have Florida Pharmacy Technician Registration
- Working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local regulations, laws and statutes
- Knowledge of organization’s policies, procedures and reporting practices
- Basic knowledge of Pharmaceutical nomenclature
- Basic knowledge of variety of procedures and techniques involved in care, storage, repacking, bulk compounding and distribution of pharmaceuticals
- Skill in basic inventory control procedures
- Working knowledge of pharmacy computer systems
- Basic knowledge of uses, actions, dosages, routes of administration, and dosage forms of medications
- Basic knowledge of systems of weights and measures, pharmacy calculations and equivalent measures
- One year prior experience in a retail or hospital pharmacy with direct exposure to drug dispensing systems preferred
- Prior computer experience
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Some college desirable
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- Ability to travel locally
JSA Healthcare Corporation - 2 years ago
JSA Healthcare Corporation, a HealthCare Partners company, has been in business since 1969 and is a leading provider of primary care health...