The Pharmacy Technician will assist the Pharmacist in providing courteous and prompt pharmaceutical care to all customers. You will assist the Pharmacist in the areas of prescription filling, prescription distribution and clerical activities while under the Pharmacist’s supervision. You will communicate pharmacy policies and procedures to the customers when appropriate. You are required to have 2 or more years of current experience working on Insurance Adjudication and Third Party Rejects. You are required to adhere to all policies and procedures related to pharmacy operations; you must remain abreast of and compliant with all State and Federal statutes, rules and regulations related to pharmacy practice.
This position is located at our Corporate Office in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
Required Professional Experience:
- Manage all customer inquiries, and resolve problems or escalate customer service calls to the appropriate department.
- Obtain accurate information from patients including personal and insurance information.
- Efficiently enter patient information and prescription orders into the computer system for processing.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records for all medications.
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance with Federal HIPPA Regulations.
- Assist Pharmacist in preparing and filling prescriptions by pulling stock, pouring, counting, restocking, packaging, labeling and pricing the prescription.
- Assist Pharmacist in the preparation, reconciliation and billing of third party insurance claims and in the re-billing of rejected third party claims.
- Assist in checking dated and current product as instructed by the Pharmacist.
- Order, receive, rotate and store product to assure quality controls.
- Reconcile daily merchandise orders.
- Organize and file records.
- Maintain all product labels, signs and prices aligned with the products.
- Perform price checks for customers as needed.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all customers.
- Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
- Pharmacy Technician Technical School Program. Pharmacy Technician Certified (CPhT).
- 3+ years working for a certified pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician.
- 2 or more years of experience working on Insurance Adjudications and Third Party Rejects, an absolute must.
- College or High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Experience in sales and customer relations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly through email and phone with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong comprehension skills.
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to understand and apply calculations.
- Ability to solve problems and resolves issues.
- Ability to work varying shifts is required.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and pharmacy computer applications.
Competitive hourly rate.
Comprehensive Health Insurance benefits available including medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
Kare Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer