Looking for an experienced pharmacy technician to work in a family owned retail pharmacy. Customer service is our number one goal. This position is full time. (30 to 40 hours per week.) Pharmacy is open Mon-Fri 8:00 am to 6:30 pm and Sat. 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Providing high quality customer service to patients and doctors and protecting patient confidentiality.
- Filling prescriptions, answering questions about those prescriptions and responding to inquiries posed by the pharmacist.
- Performing computer data entry of prescription information, including but not limited to: patient search, prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation and entry, insurance billing and basic problem solving.
- Maintaining a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Organizing medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions, preparing labels, calculating quantities.
- Contributing to team effort and willingness to be flexible to support dynamic needs of a busy pharmacy.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- At least one year experience as a retail pharmacy technician.
- Experience with processing insurance claims and prior authorizations.
- Licensing in State of Illinois.
- High School Diploma or GED certification required.
- Must be able to meet physical demands of job, which can include light lifting, sitting, and standing for long periods of time.
- Attention to detail, dependability, focus, strong work ethic, be a team player as well as be able to work independently.
- Be able to work with a good attitude in a stressful environment.