Marshall Health Pharmacy is seeking full time Pharmacy Technicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Receive written prescriptions brought to the pharmacy or telephoned refill requests.
2. Make sure all needed patient information is collected on new written prescriptions or telephoned refill requests.
3. Answer telephone, place calls and handle questions that do not require a pharmacist’s professional judgment or expertise.
4. Enter data into the computer and record information needed before prescriptions can be dispensed.
5. Process prescriptions in a timely order and manner so as to best take care of patient needs.
6. Store written prescription forms after prescriptions are dispensed and keep organized.
7. Help pharmacists prepare prescriptions by counting or pouring medications, labeling containers, and pricing prescriptions.
8. Keep pharmacy department supplies (e.g., vials, bottles, bags, receipts, staples, tape, etc.) well stocked.
9. Place complete prescriptions in the pickup area.
10. Order, check-in and stock the pharmacy department shelves with medications when they arrive from suppliers.
11. Help maintain inventory controls by checking on-hand quantity and cycle counts.
12. Identify and process out of date items.
13. Prepare insurance claims and verify payments.
14. Help patients find over-the-counter medications.
15. Stock over-the-counter departments.
16. Ring purchases on cash registers and record them in the logs that required by securing proper signatures.
17. Perform housekeeping duties within the pharmacy department.
18. Work closely with pharmacists and other technicians. Also work with cashiers, clerks, trainees, and other store personnel.
19. Work with patients, patients’ caregivers, prescribers and their office personnel, and with suppliers to the pharmacy.
20. Maintain and keep patient information with the HIPAA guidelines.
*Tasks as designated by management such as DME related tasks.
*Bedside delivery of medications
*Courier of medications as may be assigned
*Home delivery as may be assigned
*Call center work as may be assigned
*Assist the pharmacists with telepharmacy
Indeed - 4 months ago
Marshall Health supports the clinical, educational, research and services missions of the Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine in order to...