PRN (Per Diem/as needed)
The position is responsible for working with Millennium Pharmacists and other Technicians to process prescriptions for residents of MillenniumÍs nursing facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Fill prescriptions utilizing manual processes and automated packaging equipment, according to Pharmacy rules, governmental regulations and adherence to pharmacy Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Transferring medication to Pharmacist to check for accuracy.
* Support automated dispensing, including replenishment and maintenance of automated packing equipment. Operate pill dispensing machines to separate medication into pill packs. Print prescription labels and verify labels match medication in the packs.
* Deliver medication to nursing stations in various buildings on campus.
* Monitor , record, and communicate using computerized documentation.
* Assist in training, orientation and mentoring other Pharmacy Technicians and other MPS staff.
Non-Essential / Marginal Responsibilities (if applicable)
* Maintains stock Education and Experience
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Knowledge of pharmaceutical terminology and 1-2 yrs of pharmacy experience
* Certified Pharmacy Technician registered with the state Board of Pharmacy
* Basic computer skills are required
* Mathematical and Computation skills required
* Strong telephone etiquette
* Strong customer service skills required Additional Information
* May work on quality improvement initiatives with supervisors
* Ability to work overtime with little or no notice, as needed
* Must attend staff and quality meetings
Millennium is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer- M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Millennium Pharmacy Systems - 6 months ago
Millennium Pharmacy Systems (or MPS) has a long-term technology solution for the long-term care industry. Its MPSRx system incorporates...